Looking for a career where you can make a positive impact on your community, be a part of an extraordinary team while being rewarded for your individual talents, and grow with an organization who is growing rapidly every year? Great Meadow FCU is looking for talented new teammates who are looking to add value to our organization and are as driven as we are about our community.
Here is what we are looking for in our VP of Finance position:
The VP of Accounting & Finance will be a member of the senior leadership team responsible for planning, controlling and directing the credit unions operations of financial and fiscal management. Provides counsel to the CEO and Board of Directors regarding the credit union’s internal account and financial reporting policies programs and procedures to ensure that they comply with generally accepted accounting principles and all applicable regulations. The position will lead the accounting, finance and the oversight of vendor management. Will provide leadership and coordination of the financial planning and reporting, budget management. Implement and maintain budgets, audits, taxes, daily reconciliations, all financial reporting. Conducts analysis and prepares reports to depict the financial status of the credit union to both CEO, Board of Directors, internal examiners, members and the NCUA. These functions include establishing and maintaining the credit unions accounting principles, practices, procedures, initiatives and the accounting department, accounting systems and control systems over financial reporting in accordance with all regulatory bodies. This position will also oversee our plastics/card services division and all other back office departments, ensuring complete and accurate financial, statistical and accounting records of GMFCU. Direct GMFCU’s investment activities as custodian of funds and assets of the organization. Will provide leadership and coordination of the financial planning and reporting, budget management. Maintain the ALM program and review concentration risks. Will also interact with examiners and regulators, provide direction and management to the Accounting and Operations Departments, and handle a myriad of both tactical and strategic projects for the Credit Union. Review and update departmental procedures to obtain optimum efficiency and reduce costs.
The ‘must haves’ for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Management with a concentration in Finance or Accounting. CPA or public accounting experience.
- At least 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Robust knowledge of asset/liability (ALM) required.
- Be adaptable and learns on the fly as well as relentless, versatile and active learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Uses logic and protocol to solve problems with effective and innovative solutions. Will be resilient and will own the solution and the problem.
- Provide excellent and honest analysis. As well as understand that it is okay to fail forward.
If you feel you can bring value to our community, members and our team, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please learn more about who we are at www.greatmeadowfcu.com