Looking for a career where you can make a positive impact on your community, be a part of an extraordinary team while being rewarded for your individual talents, and grow with an organization who is growing rapidly every year? Great Meadow FCU is looking for talented new teammates who are looking to add value to our organization and are as driven as we are about our community.
Here is what we are looking for in our Financial Service Officer (FSO) position:
Financial Service Officer’s serve as the GMFCU’s vital front-line task group responsible for constructing a welcoming atmosphere and establishing an exceptional environment for all our members. Key job functions include, but are not limited to, providing loan products that best help our members financial lives and help build lasting relationships with our members. FSO’s are problem solvers and solution experts. They will demonstrate active listening and use effective questioning skills to gather member’s needs. They will inform members of about products and services other than those requested by members based on each members’ financial information learned through each interaction. FSO’s will be able to build long lasting relationships and be a main point of contact for members and their lending needs. These team members will generate and close all consumer loans, as well as our Home Equity products. They will also help lead and grow GMFCU through the addition of new members and the deepening of existing member relationships using open-ended questions and relationship building. Focusing on the growth of the Credit Union’s share and loan portfolios. Attaining sales goals. Efficiently and competently responding to consumer’s inquiries. The ability to thoroughly and accurately conducted transactional and operational responsibilities by learning all aspects of branch operations. Become proficient in credit union regulations, policies, and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- An Associate Degree from an accredited college/university or higher is preferred, with a focus on Business Management, Business Administration, or Finance, or experience equivalent to the degree.
- Prior experience working in a customer service, a minimum of 1 – 2 years
- Prior sales experience with individual and team sales goals, minimum 1 – 2 years
- Effective communication skill (oral, written and listening)
- Knowledge of consumer loan products and credit reports.
- 1 year lending experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Be adaptable and learns on the fly as well as relentless, versatile and active learner.
- Uses logic and protocol to solve problems with effective and innovative solutions. Will be resilient and will own the solution and the problem.
- Provide excellent and honest analysis. As well as understand that it is okay to fail forward.