Looking for a career where you can make a positive impact on your community, be a part of an extraordinary team while being rewarded for your individual talents, and grow with an organization who is growing rapidly every year? Great Meadow FCU is looking for talented new teammates who are looking to add value to our organization and are as driven as we are about our community.
Here is what we are looking for in our Controller position:
The Controller will prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the preparation of reporting requirements, assigned analysis, and projects. Review journal entries into various accounts on an ongoing basis for accuracy and completeness. Oversee and review account statements and all key general ledger accounts on at least a monthly basis. Exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on the accounting/finance department. Ensure accounting/finance personnel are cross-trained and properly aligned with responsibilities. Support the reliability and operations of the accounting systems and processes to ensure the accounting/finance personnel perform their responsibilities efficiently. Oversee accounting system and core system upgrades and the impact on daily operations. Serve as resource for other areas of the credit union to explain accounting transactions, resolves accounting issues and/or discrepancies. Establish and maintains effective working relationships with credit union departments. Perform ad hoc general ledger and accounting projects and analysis for credit union management. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Management with a concentration in Finance or Accounting. CPA or public accounting experience.
- At least 1 year of management or supervisory experience.
- Must have ability to work independently, initiate actions, plan and supervise effectively obtaining desired results.
- Excellent aptitude for problem solving, financial analysis, attention to detail, and open communications are required.
- Advanced knowledge of all finance functions including GAAP principles.
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of financial analysis and reporting requirements including developing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint).
- Be adaptable and learns on the fly as well as relentless, versatile and active learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Uses logic and protocol to solve problems with effective and innovative solutions. Will be resilient and will own the solution and the problem.
- Provide excellent and honest analysis. As well as understand that it is okay to fail forward.