Looking for a career where you can make a positive impact on your community, be a part of an extraordinary team while being rewarded for your individual talents, and grow with an organization who is growing rapidly every year? Great Meadow FCU is looking for talented new teammates who are looking to add value to our organization and are as driven as we are about our community.
Here is what we are looking for in our Back-Office Operations Specialist position:
The Back-Office Operations Specialist will perform a wide range of operational, accounting, and card services duties, including daily processing of ACH, in-clearing checks, and bill payment files. They will handle mobile and ATM deposits, order and reissue debit and credit cards, and perform wire transfers and check adjustment duties. Perform daily, monthly, quarterly and year end entries and reconciliations as assigned. Be able to understand and accurately explain account functions and budget variances, as well as make correcting entries. Prepare and submit reports required internally and externally as required. Understanding of the job to accurately identify and explain variances to financial statements. Review of all incoming mail, e-mail, invoices and account payable duties. As well as track all payments for payment approval. Maintain Customer Service relationships with contract vendors to maintain positive relationships. Assist other members of the Accounting/Back-Office department with other tasks as needed.
The ‘must haves’ for this position include:
• An Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university is preferred, with a focus on Accounting or Finance, or experience equivalent to the degree
• Prior experience working in an operational or accounting environment, minimum of 2-3 years, but preferably at a credit union for 3-5 years
• Prior experience using accounting principles and procedures in a financial institution, minimum 1-2 years
• Prior experience processing ACH files, performing daily duties related to debit and credit card processing, and familiarity with NACH rules and regulations.
• Teller experience within a financial institution for a minimum of 1-2 years is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
• Be adaptable and learns on the fly as well as relentless, versatile and active learner.
• Uses logic and protocol to solve problems with effective and innovative solutions. Will be
resilient and will own the solution and the problem.
• Provide excellent and honest analysis. As well as understand that it is okay to fail forward.
If you feel you can bring value to our community, members and our team, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Also, please learn more about who we are at www.greatmeadowfcu.com.