CORE SYSTEM CONVERSION
About our Core System Conversion
Great Meadow FCU (GMFCU) is excited to announce our upcoming core system upgrade. The core processing system is the computer system that GMFCU uses to maintain Members' accounts and loans, and to process transactions. Upgrading our core processing system will allow us to offer great new products and services.
We will be sending out notices, flyers and pamphlets to all members about this core conversion as well.
What WILL CHANGE After the System Upgrade?
- At the current time, you will notice nothing different in your products and services.
- Soon we will be announcing changes that will make being a member more efficient and easier.
- These changes will also allow you to conduct your credit union business easier and more efficient.
- Please keep checking back to this page to learn about all the new changes.
What is NOT CHANGING After the System Upgrade?
- Your Account (Member) Number(s).
- Our Routing and Transit Number: 221375116
- GMFCU ATM and Debit Cards. Your PIN will stay the same.
- Checks, pre-authorized payments, and direct deposits
- Online Banking will still be accessible at www.greatmeadowfcu.org
- Audio Banking will be retired. We have less than 1.50% of members using our telephone banking system. We hope that these members will convert to using our home banking, mobile banking products.
New Benefits Available After the System Upgrade
- Improvements to Online Banking.
- Development of one mobile banking app with all the products and needs you want (Remote Deposit Capture, Debit Card functionality, and more!).
- More efficient in-person service when you visit our branch office
- More enhanced products and services coming in the future
Preliminary Service Availability Schedule
|DELIVERY CHANNEL||Wednesday, 01/31||Thursday, 02/1||Friday, 02/2||Monday, 02/5|
|Branch Offices||Closed after 5pm||Closed||Open||Open|
|Online Banking||Unavailable after 4pm||Unavailable||Unavailable||Available|
Be Prepared... Your Conversion To-Do List!
- Taking action prior to Thursday, February 1st, 2018 will minimize any inconvenience and interruption to your day-to-day banking experience.
- Our Core System Conversion will begin on Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 after the close of business at 5:00pm. At that time we will be disabling access to all online banking accounts. Our online banking conversion will take place over the next day and some services will be unavailable. We will resume normal operations on Friday, February 2nd, 2018. See the Service Availability Calendar included with this notification.
- Take care of special transactions before the conversion dates: Please visit the credit union for any special in-branch transactions such as wires, corporate checks, or large cash withdrawals before the conversion weekend.
- While ATM/DEBIT Card service will be available during the conversion, your real time data on funds available may not be. To be safe and to be sure you have the funds you need, we are requesting you make the necessary adjustments to ensure you have cash available, a GMFCU Credit Card or another source of electronic funds in case this is needed. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at GMFCU for more direction.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a core processing system?
The core processing system is the computer system that GMFCU uses to maintain Members' accounts and loans, and to process transactions.
Why is GMFCU converting to a new core processing system? Our new core processing system will allow us to serve you more efficiently and enable us to offer you new products and services in the future.
Is my personal data safe during the conversion? Yes, your personal data and account information is safe and secure, as always.
Are my funds still safe and secure? Yes, your funds remain secure. All GMFCU accounts continue to be insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Share Insurance Fund up to $250,000 per account.
Please periodically check this page for updates.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 518-642-8100.
We're here to help. Please call 518-642-8100 or toll-free 800-303-1110